Urban Alliance is hosting three LIFE Camp events to help provide area youth with tools and resources to step outside the cycles of gun violence within Kalamazoo.
Boys and girls ages 11 to 16 are welcome to attend! Camp activities include:
- Shooting paintball guns at a non-human target.
- Advocate for non-violence while leading a community wide march.
- Express compassion by writing “Dear Shooter” letters to encourage and not condemn those who are thinking about or who have pulled the trigger.
- Have a super-soaker water or nerf gun fight.
- Hear from the families of victims of gun violence, caring community leaders, and former perpetrators.
- And much more.
All camps held from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Breakfast & lunch will be provided as well as all materials and equipment.
Note: The Saturday before every Life Camp, there will be a youth-led community march concluding with a Peace Smoke event.
Three youth from each camp will be awarded $100 each for demonstrating outstanding leadership!
Urban Alliance is following state/federal recommendations regarding COVID-19. The health and safety of our community is important to us. If you have questions regarding the status of a camp, please contact us at (269) 348-0978.
TUESDAY, JUNE 13th
Tree of Life School
2001 Cameron St.,
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
TUESDAY, JULY 11th
Trenches Community Church
1003 Gayle Ave.,
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
TUESDAY, AUGUST 8th
Frederick Douglass Community Association
1000 W. Paterson St.,
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Join us in helping to show kids the path away from gun violence.
- For the safety of your child and our staff and volunteers, all information in this form must be completed to participate in the camp. Registration should be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the child to ensure that we have the proper and legal documentation on file.
- Urban Alliance Life Camps are open to boys and girls between the ages of 11 and 18. Spots are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis with the exception of special circumstances which will be determined by Alejandro Rodriguez. Parents/guardians will be notified via phone/email upon their child being successfully registered.
If you have any questions or need help while completing this form, contact Alejandro Rodriguez or call (269) 348-0978.
Please select your first/primary choice as well as a alternate/secondary choice in case your first choice is already filled.